Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2 Months Out


Well, it's been 2 months since I've had the lap band surgery. I couldn't be more pleased with it. I feel better. Not that I noticed I felt bad before the surgery, but I just feel better now that I've lost some weight. I have more energy, I'm ready to go, ready to do things, ready to get on with my life!
For the first time, I am not obsessing over food...how many fat grams, how many fiber grams, how many servings of milk, how many "free" veggies, how many points. I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders (hahaha...get it??? weight off my shoulders???) I'm choosing to eat low fat meals that are high in protein, but no one is saying, "You MUST eat this." It's an incredibly freeing feeling! And I'm being successful at it!
According to my scale, I've lost 38 lbs!

Here are some pictures that Jacob took of me last week. I'm happy with the changes that I'm seeing! I tried to vary the pictures...I'm smiling and I placed one on top of the blog and the other at the bottom. I'm hoping no one mistakes them for mug shots! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment