Sunday, October 4, 2009

New Pictures and an Update



It has been a while since I've blogged. We've had quite a few changes within the past month or so and all of my free time has suddenly vanished! In August, Jeff deployed to Iraq for a year. At the same time, I changed jobs and have gone back to school full time. I am currently teaching 2 sections of Language Arts methods...I'm teaching seniors how to teach elementary Language Arts. The seniors take this class (along with Reading and Social Studies methods) right before their student teaching. That keeps me very busy... I'm also going to school full time. I'm working on my doctorate in Literacy Education. Busy, busy, busy!

I've really struggled within the past month. I had my 2nd fill 5 weeks ago and have a difficult time eating meat. I have thrown up a few times from eating meat, so I've cut back on meat and have been eating softer foods. Well, I can eat a larger amount of softer food than "regular" food, so I've gained 5-7 lbs. It goes up and down hourly! Also, since I've been so busy, it's easy to grab something on the go, so I need to focus on sitting down to eat a meal instead of small snacks. Toss in lack of exercise, too! I've been so busy that I haven't been exercising regularly. During the past week, I've walked 4 times, so that's a step in the right direction (haha...what a pun!)

I feel like I'm finally getting everything together...the exercising, I'm planning meals (not snacks) and I'm getting the eating under control. I'm down 44 lbs and feel so much better. I dragged out the jeans yesterday and had to give away a couple of pair since they were too big (one pair even had tags on them!) I wore a size 18 jeans today...a little snug, but doable. And I've even shopped in the "regular" size clothing...and no one kicked me out or gave me funny looks! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment